By watching this presentation, you will:
- learn how to elevate your laboratory with a successful LIMS implementation
- understand the important aspects of the implementation journey
- see how a successful implementation can ensure ongoing success for your organization
Choosing the right LIMS is a challenge, but it can be accomplished with sufficient research and strong compatibility between your organization’s needs and the functionality of the software. Once companies have selected the right LIMS, they will need to embark on the next stage of their journey – implementation. It is imperative that your implementation project is successful and efficient, driven by the strategic partnership and common goals that you and your vendor have established.
In this presentation, we discuss how to achieve a successful laboratory software installation:
- Consider resources - a successful project needs key stakeholder involvement. What's usually expected from a customer? Who should be involved, and how much time will they need to commit?
- What are you looking to solve? You will have thought about this while selecting your solution, but you must revisit this to ensure you stay on track and understand the true scope of your project.
- Key LIMS project management considerations - Keep things simple, know your scope, work in phases. We'll cover all the common pitfalls of lab software projects and how to avoid them.
- Looking ahead. Your LIMS project doesn't stop when you go live. How can you ensure ongoing success through the life of your LIMS?
What you need to know:
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Services Manager – Digital Science Solutions, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Anand Radhakrishnan is the Services Manager for the Digital Solutions division at Thermo Fisher Scientific. Anand has an extensive background in customer relations and implementation strategies among life sciences and R&D organizations. He joined Thermo Fisher in 2018 as a Senior Global Customer Success Manager, ensuring implementations of LIMS across customers, and transitioned to a Services Manager leading the Digital Solutions technical implementation team in September 2020. In his current role, he leads a team of specialists as they support technical implementation of LIMS in pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and quality control laboratories to execute the customer’s R&D digital transformation strategy. Anand has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Microbiology from the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, an M.Sc in Molecular Biology from the International Max Planck Research School, and a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry from the University of Malaya.