In forensic analysis, Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) allows analysts to selectively isolate and concentrate compounds, such as drug molecules, from complex matrices including blood, plasma, urine, and tissue. While SPE is a valuable sample preparation technique, its effectiveness in drug analysis depends on careful method development and optimization for the specific substances and matrices being investigated.
Unlock the potential of Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) in forensic analysis with the Forensic Sample Analysis eBook brought to you by Separation Science in collaboration with UCT. This eBook provides detailed criteria for SPE of opioids, steroids, cannabinoids, and amphetamines from biological matrices, along with parameters for subsequent liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). By compiling a variety of application notes into one convenient resource, this eBook simplifies the process of locating guidance on extracting and quantifying a range of diverse drugs.
Applications covered in this eBook include:
- SPE of potent 'Nitazene' opioids
- Extracting amphetamines with Clean Screen® DAU SPE cartridges
- Monitoring 26 opiates in blood and urine using SPE-UHPLC-MS/MS
- Recovering steroid sulfate markers for extended analyte detection
- Extracting cannabinoids and metabolites from blood via protein precipitation and SPE
- SPE for extracting cannabinoids from urine, followed by a 12-minute LC-MS/MS analysis
- Separating 16 cannabinoids with UCT’s SelectraCore® PFPP column
- Detecting fentanyl adulterants using SPE and LC-MS/MS
- Find comprehensive expertise from a trusted provider of forensic analysis information
- Learn precise SPE and chromatography methods for accurate detection of a variety of drugs, including potent opioids and cannabinoids, in complex biological samples
- Stay at the forefront of forensic analysis with insights into emerging opioids and adulterants
If you have a colleague who may be interested in the subject of the Forensic Sample Analysis eBook please click below.