Environmental Analysis Methods and Applications eBook
Separation Science, in collaboration with Restek, offers its latest 'Environmental Analysis' eBook featuring new applications and methods to help you achieve faster analysis times and increase sample throughput. This publication is a consolidation of current best practices in environmental analysis, providing a valuable resource for professionals seeking both precision and efficiency in their analytical techniques.
This eBook covers the following applications:
- Optimized Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon (PAH) Analysis by GC-MS
- Improve Semivolatiles Method Performance with Rxi-SVOCms Columns
- Fast, 8-Minute Method for Direct Injection of PFAS in Non-Potable Water
- Meet Requirements of EPA Method 537.1 PFAS Analysis with Contaminant-Free Workflow
- Method Guide for PFAS Analysis - A Survey of Existing PFAS Testing Methods and Guidelines from Around the World
- Product Guide for PFAS Analysis - A Methods-Based Reference to Lab Supplies for PFAS Testing
- Improve PCB Congener Identification Using the Ortho Effect
- Avoiding Inaccurate Ethylene Oxide Analysis Caused by Undetected Air Canister Contamination
- Method TO-15A Requirements and Best Practices for Sampling Devices, Canisters, and Analytical Systems
PFAS Analysis Applications eBook
Studies have linked PFAS to reproductive and developmental issues, depressed immune response, liver and kidney problems, and cancers. Researchers studying these compounds of concern examine such matrices as drinking water, food packaging, foodstuffs, soil, blood, and tissue samples and require a wide range of analytical sampling and analysis support. Separation Science, in collaboration with PerkinElmer, offers its 'PFAS Analysis' eBook featuring the latest applications and methods, together with a case study exploring analytical tools for PFAS detection.
This publication covers the following applications:
- Analysis of Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in Drinking Water: Validation Studies of EPA Method 537.1 Using the QSight 220 UHPLC/MS/MS
- Analysis of Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances by EPA Method 8327 Using the QSight 220 UHPLC/MS/MS
- A Simple and Sensitive Method for Rapid Determination of PFOA and PFOS in Water Samples by Direct Injection UHPLC/MS/MS
- Analysis of Challenging Polar Contaminants in Water by LC/MS/MS with Direct Injection
- Direct Analysis of 17 Perfluorinated Compounds in Water at Low Parts-Per-Trillion Levels by LC/MS/MS Workflow
- Rapid and Sensitive Analysis of 17 Per-and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in Water by Direct Injection with QSight 420 UHPLC/MS/MS
- Case Study: How One Scientist Is Thinking Ahead for the Environment
- Infographic: PFAS Health Concerns in Air and Water
- Webinar: Water Contaminants: Analysis of PFAS Using LC/MS/MS Technology
PFAS Solution Guide
PFAS have been manufactured and used in a variety of industries around the globe since the 1940s. Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) have been the most extensively produced and studied of these chemicals. Both are very persistent in the environment and in the human body, meaning they don't break down and can accumulate over time. There is evidence that exposure to PFAS can lead to adverse human health effects.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) has issued drinking water health advisories for two PFAS: PFOA and PFOS at 70 ng/L. As the research surrounding these problematic, lifelong chemicals becomes more expansive, the need for sensitive and specific extraction methods becomes more vital for accurate detection and quantitation.
Download this guide to:
- Discover effective solutions for per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) analysis using solid-phase extraction, QuEChERS, and LC-MS/MS.
- Learn how UCT has responded to the United States Environmental Protection Agency's drinking water health advisories for two PFASs.
- Find out more about UCT's turnkey solutions for PFAS analysis and the consumables on offer.
- Discover food safety testing solutions via a QuEChERS approach that is being used to test foods from the general food supply.
Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Testing Application Notebook
The role of food safety, environmental protection, and drinking water quality control laboratories has never been more critical. Pollution, safety, sustainability, and quality are of major concern to the public, governments, food industry, and water companies.
Inside this eBook you will find a compilation of Waters' scientists' latest application notes, supporting the development and implementation of new testing methods and technologies for the analysis of PFAS in water, environmental samples, food, and biological fluids. Sections include application notes relating to environmental samples, drinking water, biological fluids, and food.
Download this application notebook to:
- Discover efficient analytical solutions to support the safety of food and water supplies and to protect the environment.
- Read the latest application notes supporting your development and implementation of new testing methods and technologies for the analysis of PFAS.
- Learn scalable application procedures and technologies to help you adapt quickly to challenges brought in by new regulations, new opportunities, and competitive pressures.
- Improve internal efficiencies with less re-analysis and reduce waste, ensuring food and water safety and workflow optimization.
- Apply these solutions in the analysis of PFAS in surface and ground waters, soil and sediments, drinking water, biological fluids, and food.
This article is featured in our October publication, 'PFAS: Unraveling the Analytical Challenges.' From cutting-edge analytical methods to the unexpected avenues of PFAS exposure in everyday items, explore the multifaceted challenges and solutions surrounding these pervasive contaminants.