Separation Science, in collaboration with Phenomenex, offers a webinar presentation providing invaluable method optimization tips and tricks for pesticide analysis of real sample matrices, including fruits and vegetables, by gas chromatography/high-resolution mass spectrometry (GC-HRMS).
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
Fruits and vegetables may contain pesticide residues due to agricultural practices or food preservation. Food safety control is needed and requires the use of chromatographic techniques coupled to mass spectrometry for complying with legal regulations.
A new analytical method is presented using the Phenomenex column ZB-5MSplus in a gas chromatographic system equipped with a Q-Exactive Orbitrap high resolution mass spectrometer (GC-HRMS). The use of HRMS is increasingly being incorporated to routine work-flow laboratories because of its power to discriminate analytical information and capability to avoid matrix interferences. It also helps to evaluate the performance of the tested GC column.
A total of 268 pesticide residues were determined in one single shot but the characteristics of the detector used also allowed the retrospective analysis of non-target analytes.
By viewing this presentation you will:
- Learn GC-HRMS method development for pesticide analysis from real samples including fruits and vegetables
- Learn tips and tricks for optimizing method parameters in a pesticide method
- Learn how to overcome challenging analytes and matrix with method optimization for food sample
- Explore column choices that can provide selectivity and inertness for pesticide analysis.
Who should view it?
- Method developers interested in learning about pesticide analysis
- Lab managers/lab directors interested in GC- pesticide analysis
- Analytical scientists interested in learning about new column & instrumentation for pesticide analysis.
If you have a colleague who may also be interested in the subject of this webinar, please recommend it to them by using the link below.
Dr. Ramkumar Dhandapani
Global Product Manager, Phenomenex
Dr. Ramkumar Dhandapani has been in the chromatography industry for over 18 years with hands-on and troubleshooting experience. He earned Masters and PhD degrees in Analytical Chemistry from Seton Hall University with specialization in microextractions, multidimensional gas chromatography and tandem mass spectrometry techniques. He joined Phenomenex in August of 2014 and he serves as the Global Product Manager at Phenomenex.
Dr. Javier Arrebola
Professor of Analytical Chemistry, University of Almería, Spain
Dr. Javier Arrebola is Professor of Analytical Chemistry at the University of Almería (Spain) and has 27 years' experience teaching and researching in this field. He is specialized in the use of chromatographic techniques coupled to low- and high-resolution mass spectrometry and their application to the analysis of contaminants in food, biological and environmental samples.